Pee stains are very disgusting not just because they leave stains on your upholstery or carpets but also because they emit such a horrible smell. The smell of urine keeps on getting worse over time so you must always try to properly clean the area rather than trying to hide it with anything. Many people often say that the smell eventually goes away, but they are wrong because the smell stays there for a very long time, instead, your nose adapts to the smell and stops detecting it as a bad odour, and then one day you have guests or friends at your home and they address you that your house is smelling like piss.
1. What creates that urine smell?
It’s a beautiful day and you are sipping your coffee, peacefully in your drawing room and suddenly notice a foul smell. You look around and it is your pet who has peed on the carpet or couch and is now looking at you like nothing has happened. Now you have two options either to clean the mess before it’s too late or start scolding your dog for peeing, even after being taught not to pee inside the house. The first option should be your choice because as soon as you clean the mess, the better it would be for you.
Now you might be wondering, why does pee stain smell so bad, and the answer to this question lies in the things that are present in urine. No matter if it’s pet urine or a baby’s urine, the basic chemistry remains the same. Urine contains something that makes it smell like ammonia and it’s called uric acid.
The more concentrated is the amount of uric acid, the fustier will be the smell and that’s why animal urine smells the worst as it contains high amounts of uric acid. Another thing that makes your urine smell bad is the bacteria. The bacteria start decomposing the minerals and other things present in your urine and making the stain even more stinking with time. That’s why pee stains need to be cleaned as soon as possible.
2. What you can do to treat urine stains
No matter if you want to get a pee smell out of the couch or pee smell out of the carpet, the method will be the same with slight variations. The method to be used depends on the time for which the stain has been there. Hobart Clean Master has explained here what you can do to remove pee stains as well as pee smell from your upholstery and carpets:
- For clothes: if you have a baby in your home then pee stains are inevitable. To get rid of pee stains on your bed sheets or clothes you only need one thing and that is distilled vinegar.
If it’s a fresh stain then mix 1-2 cups of vinegar in a bucket of cold and wash the cloth in that water. After this add dish soap in water and wash the cloth as usual. By doing this you will eliminate the foul smell along with any stains that may have occurred in the future.
If the stains are old then add one cup of vinegar in half bucket of water and soak the cloth overnight. Wash the cloth the next morning with other clothes as usual. Repeat the overnight soaking as long as stains are gone.
- For couch: it may feel tough to clean the couch but Hobart Clean Master will provide you with easy directions to remove pee stains and smell, without any problem. First of all, blot the urine out of the couch using any piece of cotton rags. Now mix 2 spoons of dish soap and 1 spoon of vinegar in 1 cup of water to form your cleaning solution. Carefully dip a fresh piece of cotton rag in it and sponge the stain. Remember that start sponging the stain from the edges and working towards the center. Leave it there for 1 hour and then use a damp cloth to remove residue and then dry the area using a dry cloth.
- To remove an old stain you need to mix 30ml of hydrogen peroxide, 2-3 spoons of baking soda, and 4 drops of dish soap. Put them in a spray bottle and mix them well. Spray this solution on a small area on the back of the couch and leave it there for 15 minutes. If the color of the couch does not fade then spray the solution all over the urine stain and let it sit for 1 hour. After an hour use a damp cloth to remove the residue. Repeat this process until the stain and smell are gone.
- For carpet: as soon as the accident happens pick a piece of cotton rag or tissue paper and blot as much urine as possible. Put a heavy object over the rags so that it can soak most of the liquid. After this make a cleaning solution by mixing equal parts of water and vinegar in a spray bottle and add 5-6 tablespoons of baking soda to it. Now mix it well and spray it over the dried pee stain. Let it sit for 10 minutes and then blot the area with a fresh piece of rag. Repeat this until the smell and stain are gone.
- For old stains, you have to make a paste by adding baking soda and vinegar in equal quantities. Now mix it well and apply this paste to the stained area. Leave it there until the paste dries up. Remove the residue using a vacuum cleaner and after that spray some water on the area and blot it with a clean cloth. If the stain is not completely gone, then repeat the whole process.
3. What if I can’t remove the urine odour
The methods explained by Hobart Clean Master to get rid of urine smell are efficient when it comes to practical implementation but sometimes when any area has not been cleaned for a very long time or the urine has penetrated deep inside the upholstery, then it becomes quite difficult to remove pee smell. Many a time people succeed in getting rid of pee stains but the smell does not go away even though they repeatedly try different ways of cleaning.
You don’t need to worry as this is completely normal. You can use room fresheners or deodorants to make your indoor smell better. Or you can also get some essential oils and make a homemade room freshener with them.
But these are only temporary solutions as the source of the smell has not been eliminated and that’s why the smell will always stay. Also, it is unhygienic for you and your family. In situations like these, you must call professionals like Hobart Clean Master for upholstery cleaning in Hobart. If you are not able to get the pee smell out of your couch then you must let professionals do the job of making your house free from pee smell. Professionals are your best choice because in many cases people who are unable to get rid of pee smell from their carpet or couch end up damaging it and regretting it afterwards. So be wise and do the right thing of calling Hobart Clean Master to remove the pee smell from your carpets and couches.
4. What does Hobart Clean Master do?
Hobart Clean Master is a well-known name in the cleaning industry. We provide all-around cleaning services for residential as well as commercial purposes. The methods and techniques used by Hobart Clean Master workers are top-notch and unparalleled. The products used by Hobart Clean Master are environment friendly and approved by the government as well. Overall you can say that you get a complete package when you hire Hobart Clean Master for cleaning your mattresses, carpets, curtains, upholstery, etc.
No cleaning job is tough for our workers as they have tons of experience in the field of cleaning and can handle any sort of challenge. They are so good at their work that no one ever complains after they get our services, infect they call us in future if they need anything to be cleaned. So if you are in a need of cleaning work done at your home or office then you can count on Hobart Clean Master workers.