Mattresses play a very important role in our daily life. It facilitates the most comfortable and good sleep. But due to regular usage mattresses start becoming dull and unhygienic. Further, because of regular usage of the mattress, it starts becoming dirty and needs regular cleaning to avoid all the dirt, dust, germs, bacteria, and other pollutants from the mattresses. Various germs, dead skin, dirt, dust; germs, etc. all make the mattress very dirty. Further, the mattress also gets accidentally dirty due to various stains and dark spots. These dirty mattresses if not properly cleaned can also cause various health issues and diseases to the house members. These stains on the mattress can be due to different reasons. Some of the common stains which can make your mattress dirty are as follows.
Different Mattress Stains
Normally cleaning the mattress alone will not make your mattress look good and fresh. One needs to remove all the stains and dark sport from the mattress. These stains can be of different types. These can be
- Child urine or pee stain
- Coffee stain
- Food stain
- Tea stain
- Pet urine stain
- Sweat stain
- Chocolate stain
- Vine stain
- Oil-based stain
- Candle wax stain
- Vomit stain
- Paint stain
- Fat based stain
- Red wine stain
- Dirt and Mud stain
- Grease stain
- Bubble gum stains, etc.
Out of all these stains, pet and child urine stains are one of the toughest stains which don’t get easily removed. Many people find it difficult to remove urine from the mattress. It is because urine contains various chemicals which make the mattresses dirty and badly smelly. Further many people have queries like
- How to remove urine from mattress?
- How to remove dog pee on mattress?
- How to clean urine from mattress?
- What is the best mattress stain remover method?
- How to clean mattress?
- Why do mattresses smell like urine?
- How to clean dog pee on bed?
- How to remove the smell from the mattress? , etc.
Don’t worry as here we provide one solution for all your questions. Here we Hobart Clean Masters provide you with the best and effective mattress cleaning solutions and methods to remove urine stains from the mattresses. Our experts have great knowledge as to remove both pet and child urine stains from the mattress easily. We here provide answers to all your different queries by providing different ways to remove urine stains from mattresses. For these methods, one doesn’t require many costly and highly technical tools and ingredients for these solutions. Due to this these methods also save the cost and time of people. These mattress stain remover methods are the homemade ingredients-based cleaning solution that can easily remove almost all the different types of urine stains and other dark spots like food stain, bloodstain, yellow stain, vomit stain, paint stain, etc. from the mattress. One only needs to follow certain ways and steps to remove these stains from their mattresses. These all the methods and their steps are explained as follows.
How To Remove Wet Urine From Mattress
One of the best mattress cleaning solutions to get rid of urine stain is to remove it from the mattress as soon as possible. Fresh pee is easy to remove as compared to old urine stains. Under this method, one needs the following things.
- Baking soda
- Vinegar or white vinegar
- Spray bottle
- Tissue paper or towel
- Vacuum cleaner, etc.
Under this method, one needs to follow the following steps.
- First, take a clean dry cloth or towel and soak as much of the urine from the mattress as possible.
- Now, after that take 2-3 cups of vinegar and 2 cups of water and mix them well.
- Put this mixture in a spray bottle and spray it directly on the urine-stained area of the mattress.
- Now, wait for at least 4-7 minutes and after that gently rub the pee-stained area of the mattress with a soft-bristled brush or cloth in a circular motion.
- Now take a clean towel and wipe down the mattress.
- After that take some baking soda and sprinkle it on the mattress stained areas.
- Wait for 10 minutes as baking soda will soak all the excess moisture and bad odur from the mattress urine stain.
- After that use a vacuum cleaner to properly clean the mattress.
- For better results repeat this process 1 more time and after that let the mattress dry.
How To Remove Dry Urine From Mattress
As compared to fresh or wet urine stain dry urine stain is slightly hard to remove from the mattress. But it doesn’t mean that one can not remove dry urine stain from the mattress at all. One can use this baking soda and hydrogen peroxide-based stain removal method to get rid of the urine stain from the mattress. Under this method, one requires the following ingredients.
- Hydrogen peroxide
- Detergent powder or liquid soap
- Towel or tissue paper
- Spray bottle
- Plastic wrap
- Vacuum cleaner, etc.
This method involves the following steps.
- Prepare the urine cleaning solution: Under this method, take one or half cup of vinegar, ¼th cup of hydrogen peroxide, 4-6 tablespoons of liquid soap, and a little amount of water and mix them well. Now put this mattress cleaning solution into an empty spray bottle and your urine stain remover is ready.
- Apply the solution: Now, in this step simply spray this solution on the urine stained areas of the mattress and allow it to sit on the stained area.
- Cover the stained area with plastic wrap: After this don’t rub the stained area of the carpet with a brush or anything. Instead of this simply rub the cover the stained area with a plastic wrap and let it be there till the stain air dry.
- Use water to clean: Now in this step, first, remove the plastic wrap from the mattress stained area. After that take a clean towel or cloth and water and gently clean the hole stained area of the mattress. Repeat this step 1 more time to ensure proper cleaning of the mattress.
- Vacuum the mattress: After cleaning the mattress with a clean cloth and water take a vacuum cleaner and vacuum off the whole mattress. Repeat this process and after that let the mattress dry.
How To Get Urine Stain Out Of Mattress
Method 1: use of salt:
Salt is the simplest and the best DIY home ingredient which can be used as mattress stain remover. Salt soak all the excess moisture and water from the urine stain and further, facilities easy removal of urine stain from the couch. Under this method, one needs to follow the steps.
- First, take a clean towel and soak and remove all the excess moisture from the mattress stained area.
- Now, take some salt and sprinkle this salt on the whole stained area of the mattress.
- After this wait for at least 40 minutes and then vacuum off the whole salt from the urine stain.
- For best results use this process 3-4 times.
- Further, this process also removes all the bad odur from the mattress.
Method 2: Use of Detergent or liquid soap and hot water:
Here one can try this method for removing dry or wet urine stain from the mattress. This method involves the following steps.
- First, check whether the urine stain is still wet or not.
- If u find the urine stain still wet on the mattress then first make it dry. For this take a clean cloth and wipe out as much moisture as possible.
- After this take one or half a cup of detergent powder and 2-3 cup of hot water and then mix they well. Be careful as don’t try soap instead of detergent powder. This is because so will leave some residuals after cleaning which will not get removed without proper washing.
- After this take a clean cloth or sponge and dip this cloth into this mattress stain remover solution.
- Now, gently rub the stained area with this cloth in a circular motion.
- If the urine stain is not getting out of then you can use a soft-bristled brush to rub the stained area of the mattress
- After this, clean the stained area of the mattress with the help of a clean cloth and water properly and let it dry completely.
- If the urine stains areas of the mattress still smell bad after cleaning then one can also sprinkle a little amount of baking soda on it and let it there for some time.
- After that vacuum, the whole mattress.
Method 3: Use of enzyme cleaner:
Enzyme cleaner is a chemical-based stain remover method that can be normally used for removing any type of stain from the mattress. It is a chemical cleaner that makes a quick chemical reaction and removes the hard urine stain from the mattresses easily. One can also use this cleaner for different other stains like food stains, grease stains, paint stains, etc. This method involves the following steps.
- First, under this method, one needs a normal enzyme cleaner. One can easily purchase an enzyme cleaner either online or from the near market.
- After this, blot the urine stain area of the mattress with the help of a clean cloth or towel and absorb all the excess moisture from the mattress.
- After that take a sponge or hard cloth and apply some enzyme cleaner to it.
- One can also spray enzyme cleaner on the urine-stained area of the mattress directly.
- Wait for at least 20 minutes and then rub this cloth or sponge on the urine-stained area in a circular motion.
- Now in the end blot the stained area with the help of a clean cloth and water and let it dry.
- For better results, one can repeat this process.
Method 4: Using ammonia: It is one of the effective methods where ammonia is used to clean the urine stain. This method involves the following steps:
Take one or two cups of ammonia and 1-2 cups of water.
Now make a solution of them by mixing them well and spraying this solution on the urine-stained area of the mattress.
After this wait for at least 24 minutes. Take a clean cloth and then that blot the stained area with water and this cloth.
Repeat the process until the urine stain is not removed from your mattress completely.
Method 5: Using corn-starch:
One can also use corn starch as a natural cleaning agent to get rid of stains. This method involves the following steps.
- First, clean the urine-stained area of the mattress with a clean tissue.
- One can also use a wet tissue to wipe out the urine-stained area.
- After this make a corn starch solution. For this take a normal amount of milk and corn starch and make a paste-type mixture of it.
- Now apply this corn starch paste to the stained area of the mattress.
- After this wait for at least3-5 hours and after that wash off the urine-stained area.
- Repeat this process until the stain is not gone from the mattress.
Method 6: Using the Stain Remover spray:
One can use both home-based and professional stain remover spray for cleaning the urine stain from the mattress. For making a homemade spray to remove the urine stain from the mattress take a small amount of water, vinegar, and detergent powder and mix them well, and put this into the spray bottle. For professional spray just buy a normal stain remover spray from a market. In case of both these sprays simply spray them on the whole urine-stained area and then wait for a few minutes at least for 10-15 minutes. In the end just simply blot the urine-stained area with a clean cloth and water.
Method 7: Using meat tenderizer:
Surprisinglymeat tenderizer can also be used as an effective solution to properly remove the urine stain from the mattress. Here simply take a small amount of the meat tenderizer and water and make a paste of it. Now take a spoon or any other thing and apply this solution to the pee-stained area. Let this paste dry on the urine stain for one or two hours. After 2 hours use a clean cloth and water to wipe and remove all the residuals from the stained area.
How To Get Urine Or Pee Smell Out Of Mattress
To remove the urine’s bad smell from the mattress one can use the different DIY home ingredients-based methods. These methods are explained as follows:
- Dry the mattress in the sunlight: If the mattress smells bad due to a urine smell then simply use this easy method. Under this technique move the mattress outside the garden area or under the sunlight. Let the mattress be outside in the sun for at least a whole day to remove the bad urine smell from the mattress.
- Using lemon or lemon juice: Lemon work as an effective odor remover for urine stains. Just take a lemon cut it from the half and scrub it on the urine-stained area of the mattress. After this wait for a few hours at least 2-3 hours and then clean the mattress with the help of a clean towel and water.
- Using Corn starch: Corn starch can also be used to clean urine stains smell from the mattresses. Under this method take some corn starch and sprinkle it over the urine-stained area of the mattress. After this take some water and sprinkle small water drops on it and let all this sit on the mattress for at least 20-15 minutes. After this remove the corn starch with a clean cloth or towel. One can also use a wet tissue to clean the stain.
- Using baking soda: Baking soda acts as the best natural deodorizer which easily removes all odours and dirty smells from the urine stain from your mattresses. Just sprinkle the baking soda on the bad-smelly mattress and leave it for a minimum of 70-80 minutes. After this vacuum up the whole mattress and then you will see that all the smell and bad odur of urine has been gone from the mattresses.
- Using laundry detergent: Simple laundry detergent or liquid soap can also be used to clean the odours and bad smell of urine stain from the mattresses. Here, take some good quality detergent powder and sprinkle it on the mattresses after that wait for some time. Don’t use water on it. In the end, just simply vacuum off all the detergent from the mattress and repeat this process one more time. It will surely remove all the bad smells and odour of urine or pee stain from the mattress.
How To Remove Pet Urine From Mattress
As compared to a normal urine stain it’s slightly hard and tough to remove the pet urine stain from the mattress. But don’t worry as one can use the following method to remove dog pee on the mattress. Under this method, one requires the following things.
- Baking soda
- Enzyme cleaner
- Essential oil
- Clean cloth or towel
- Vacuum cleaner, etc.
This method involves the following steps.
- Sprinkle baking soda: First, instead of blotting the urine stain with a clean cloth simply take some baking soda and sprinkle it directly on the urine-stained area. This will remove all the excess moisture from the stained area of the mattress.
- Use a vacuum cleaner: Now take a vacuum cleaner and remove all the residuals from the mattress. Repeat this process one more time to properly clean the mattress.
- Use vinegar: After this take some vinegar and water and mix them well. Put this mixture into a spray bottle and spray this solution on the stained area. Wait for at least 10 min and after that clean the stained area.
- Use enzyme cleaner to remove bad smell: If urine stains have odur or bad smell from the mattress then use an enzyme cleaner to remove it from the mattress.
- Normally clean the urine-stained area: After this take a clean cloth and water and clean the whole mattress. Let the mattress dry.
Thus, these were all the different ways and methods through which one can easily remove the urine stain from the mattress at home on their own. But if you find these methods difficult to use, or if due to any reasons you are unable to apply these methods then don’t worry as one can also get the professional experts services. Experts like us Hobart Clean Masters provide the best and effective urine stain removal services in Hobart. Our experts use various effective chemical and non-chemical methods to remove every type of urine or pee stain from your mattress. Further our experts also ensure that these chemical and non-chemical methods don’t cause any damage to your mattresses. One only needs to contact us and the rest of the mattress cleaning work will be our experts. We Mattress Cleaning Hobart’s experts provide the best mattress stain removal and mattress cleaning services at affordable rates along with 24/7 hours of mattress cleaning services assistance. For more detail, you can easily contact our staff members at any time.
FAQ About Removing Urine From Mattress
Thus, through our expert mattress cleaning services, one can remove any old or new urine stain from their mattresses easily. However, people may still have some doubt about home ingredients-based methods and solutions used, so here we provide some of the common considerations that people want to know about mattress stains. These are as follows.
1. How do you clean a mattress after peeing on it?
Answer: To remove the urine or pee stain from the mattress one can simply use baking soda as a urine cleaning agent. Under this first, blot the urine stain then sprinkle some baking soda on the pee area of the mattress. After this, make a mixture of washing powder and some water and apply this solution to the urine stain area. Repeat this step one more time and then sprinkle baking soda on the whole mattress. After that wait for 10 minutes and after that vacuum the whole mattress and let the mattress air dry.
2. How do you get rid of the smell of human urine?
Answer: A urine stain on a mattress spread a bad urine smell that cannot be easily removed from the mattress. To remove this urine smell from the whole mattress one can use the white vinegar method. Further, one can also try baking soda as a bad odour removal method. Baking soda has a natural substance that absorbs all the bad and dirty smells from the mattresses, carpets, and clothes, etc.
3. Does vinegar remove urine odour?
Answer: Vinegar works as one of the best and effective urine and pet stain remover for mattresses. Vinegar breaks the uric acid and makes it easy to remove the stain from the mattress. Vinegar has an acidic texture it neutralizes the urine stain and removes all the bacteria and germs from the urine stain along with the stain mark from the mattress. Here simply take some vinegar and water and make a thick solution. Apply it on the mattress urine-stained area and wait for 20 minutes. After that, rub the stained area with the brush. Now blot the pee stain area and let it dry.
4. Does bleach get rid of the urine smell?
Answer: Bleach contains various chemical substances which will negatively harm the urine stain on your mattress. Along with bleach one should also avoid using chemical cleaners as it can also harm the mattress’s fabric. Further, urine stain contains ammonia and high PH. When it mixes with bleach and chemicals it releases bad and toxic gas which not only negatively affects your mattress but also cause harm to the health of the house members who use that mattress. So never try to use bleach as a urine stain remover.
5. What is the best dog urine remover?
Answer: The mixture of vinegar and baking soda along with hydrogen peroxide is one of the best methods which can be used for both dog or child urine remover. Take a little amount of baking soda, vinegar, and hydrogen peroxide and make a solution for it. Now, spray this solution on the urine-stained area of the mattress and let it sit on the stain. After a few minutes, normally rub the stained area and then vacuum off the whole mattress.
6. Can you use bleach to clean human urine?
Answer: No, one should always avoid bleach as a cleaning agent. It can destroy not only the mattress but also the health of the people. Blanch when used on the urine stain it gets mixed with the urine and produces some chemical gas which is harmful and instead of cleaning the stain further mess up it. So here we don’t recommend bleach as a human urine remover for your mattress.