Mattress plays a very important role in our life. People enjoy their best sleeping time on their mattresses after a whole day’s struggle. But due to various reasons, these mattresses become unhygienic and uncomfortable. Due to regular usage mattresses carry various germs, bacteria, fungus, etc. which make the mattress dirty and stained. Fungus on mattresses can further cause various health diseases if the mattress is not cleaned. This fungus on the mattress can arise due to various factors like hairs, germs, bacteria, bodily fluids, sweat, body oil, dirt, etc. That’s why it’s become necessary to clean the mattresses at regular intervals to get rid of these funguses, viruses, and stains from the mattress.
Most people find it difficult to clean the mattress on their own. As it takes a lot of time and effort to properly clean the mattress and due to busy life people doesn’t have extra time to do these things. But don’t worry as here we Hobart Clean Masters provide you with the best tricks to get fungus out of the mattress.
6 tricks to remove fungus from mattress
Cleaning your mattress and making it fungus-free can be very easy for most people by adopting the following mattress fungus removal tricks.
- Use of Vinegar and warm water: Under this method, First vacuum clean both the sides of the mattress to remove all the extra dirt and dust from the mattress. After this take 1 cup of vinegar and 1 and a half cups of water and mix them well. Now, take an empty spray bottle and put the above made solution in this spray bottle. After this spray this solution on all the fungus areas of the mattress and let the solution set on it for 10-15 minutes. After this take a soft-bristled brush or clean cloth and rub all the fungus area of the mattress in a circular motion. Now clean this stained area of the mattress with a clean cloth and water and repeat this process until the stain is not gone from the mattress.
- Use of ammonia and water: This is another effective method to remove fungus from the mattress. Through this method, one can remove various stains and fungus infections from the mattress easily. Here ammonia and the water-based solution are used to clean the mattress. Simply take 4-5 tablespoons of ammonia and 1cup of water. Make a solution from it and put this solution in a spray bottle. After this spray, this solution on the mattress’s fungus areas and wait for at least 20 minutes. After that, blot the stained area with clean water and cloth. Under this method, one only needs to take care that they don’t use this method on woolen based fabric mattress as it can cause damage to the mattress.
- Use of hydrogen peroxide: This is one of the most effective methods of mattress cleaning. Hydrogen peroxide can be used to remove various types of tough stains like blood stains, vomit stains, urine stains, fungus stains, etc. from the mattress. The reason is that the hydrogen peroxide contains bleaching properties due to which all types of stains from the mattress get easily removed. Under this method simply take a clean soft cloth and some hydrogen peroxide. Apply some drops of hydrogen peroxide on the cloth and then rub the fungus area of the mattress with this solution in a circular motion. Slowly you will notice that all the fungus stains will start disappearing from the mattress. After this clean the mattress with a clean cloth and water and again repeat this process for the best effective removal results.
- Use of salt and water: This method is a home ingredients-based effective method that can be used for removing fresh as well old fungus stain from the mattress. Here take one and a half cups of water and 4-6 tablespoons of salt and make a mixture of it. Now put this mixture into a spray bottle and then spray this fungus removal solution on the infected area of the mattress. Now let it dry for some time at least for 15 minutes and after that blot the fungus area of the mattress with the water and dry soft cloth. Repeat this process until the fungus stain is not properly removed. And then use a dry cloth or white towel to dry the stained spot area on the mattress.
- Use of detergent and water: One can also use detergent powder to remove the fungus stain from the mattress. Under this method simply take one and a half cups cold water and 3-4 tablespoons of detergent powder. Make a mixture of this and then take a clean cloth. Now soak this clean cloth in this solution and then gently rub the fungus-stained area of the mattress with this cloth. Now blot this area with a dry cloth and water to clean the solution from the stained area of the mattress. One can repeat this process for 2-3 until the fungus stain is not completely removed from the mattress.
- Use of Hydrogen Peroxide, Baking Soda, and Dish Soap: Under this method first take a clean cloth and blot the fungus-stained area of the mattress. Now take 2-3 tablespoons of hydrogen peroxide, 2 teaspoons of dish washing detergent powder, 4-5 tablespoons of baking soda, and half a cup of water and make a thick mixture of all this. Now, dip a cloth or sponge in this solution and rub the fungus-stained area of the mattress in a circular motion for few minutes. After that blot the stained area with the a clean cloth and water. Repeat this process a few more times until the fungus stain is not removed from the mattress properly.
Thus these were the tricks through which one can easily try to remove the fungus, mould, and stain from their mattresses at home. But due to any reason if you find these tricks difficult to use or if you don’t have much time to remove these fungus infections and stain at home on your own then don’t worry as you can hire professional mattress cleaning services. The professionals like our company Hobart Clean Masters provide the best mattress cleaning services in Hobart. Our experts use various cleaning methods like mattress dry cleaning, steam cleaning, mattress shampooing method, etc. to properly clean the mattress. Our experts will solve your mattress problem in the best and effective ways and will also provide 100% guaranteed and safe mattress cleaning service. Hiring the experts like us will save both your time and effort and will also offer effective and best professional mattress cleaning services. Further, we also offer 24×7 hours mattress cleaning services at the doorsteps of the customers. One only needs to contact us and the rest of the work will be our experts. For more detail, hurry up, contact us right now.